Intermediate II Golfer
Intermediate. To pass the Blue level participants must show solid and consistent fundamentals and also show good execution of various golf shots: iron play, hybrid, driving the golf ball, chipping with distance control and pitching. Introduction to Bunker play.
Consistent solid grip, setup, posture, ball position and alignment.
2- Full Swing
Iron, Driver, Hybrid: Solid contact and adequate direction most of the time
Adequate distance control and direction on long putts. 50/50 on short putts.
Adequate distance control and direction on short and medium chips.
Participant shows good understanding of the pitch shot and execution
6- Playing Requirements
Score under 55 on 9 holes. Participants must play from acceptable tee markers.
7- Bunker Play (introduction)
Introduction to greenside bunker play and fairway bunker. Participant must show good understanding (setup, ball position …) and execution.
8- Rules and Etiquette
Complete Blue level Rules and Etiquette Quiz.
1- Putting: 2 consecutive long putts (20-25 feet) to 5 feet from hole
2- Full swing: Hitting 3/5 balls air born with a full swing with Iron, hybrid and driver
3- Chipping: Chip 3/5 to 5-6 feet from the hole.
4- Pitching: Pitch 2/5 from 20-40 yards onto the green where target is located.
5- Bunker: 2/4 out of bunker and onto the green.
6- Participant must shoot under 55 on 9 holes. Record a Par anywhere.
Instructor only confirmed skills
1. Fundamentals: The participant MUST show solid consistent fundamentals to move to the Gold level – Grip, posture, setup, ball position, alignment.
2. Full swing: Participant can hit most golf shots in a nice ball flight over 50%. Any club; iron, driver, hybrid.
3. Putting: Participant can make 50% long putts within 5 feet
4. Chipping: Participant has good understanding of chipping and can execute a basic chip
5. Pitching: Participant can execute a good pitch shot with fair distance control
6. Bunker: Participants shows good understanding and execution getting out of bunkers.
7. Rules and Etiquette Quiz completion.